woensdag 23 oktober 2019

POLKADOODLES INSPIRATIONAL BLOG, CHRISTMAS CARD WITH POINSETTIA LACE DIES AND EMBOSSING A SENTIMENT.

Hello there, it is my Turn (Terry) to post a tutorial for your inspiration for Christmas on the Polkadoodles Inspiration Blog.

What inspired me to make a Christmas Card, is that Christmas is right around the corner so I thought I better get started on them now lol ,.....



What I had in my head was to make a Christmas Card with Purple, Blue and Lavender colors...lol....it turned out a bit different. I played with the Distress Oxides and sprayed lots of water on it and then had to wait untill my background paper was dry again, I don't like to use a heat tool because then my paper often becomes bulky, do you have that too?



So here is my background, I also used a brayer to work with the acrylic paints, Did you ever use acrylic paints for your backgrounds? Or projects? Tell me all about it oke...I really love playing with these paints, they work so well with the brayer and deviding it on the paper. 



This time I chose the Snowflake Border Stencil, I thought it would be nice to use a part of the snowflakes once and this stencil is of course very suitable for that.

I used texture pasta for the stencil and that works really great




I let the texture paste dry well and this is the result (scuse me for the picture, it was dark allready lol).



The background that I made with the acrylic paint and texture paste was processed on a card of white cardstock. I have glued it with the Craft Glue Pen onto the white cardstock. This time I made a double card out of it. Do you ever make double cards yourself? Or only the single ones? I am curious what you prefer to make. .....


I had to do something with the centerpiece of the card, do you sometimes find it difficult to decorate a card too?? I sometimes sit in mycraftroom for a while to figure out what I could do with a card to decorate it. Sometimes it is pretty difficult to get the result that you like. So what I did was, I cut some Poinsettia Lace Dies and placed them on the left side of my card and I placed a pearl in the center of it. What I did next was use the same sentiment from the Most Wonderfull Joy Stamp set and embossed it with white embossingpowder.


I just love that Sentiment and how it comes out when it is embossed. I still had some space left and thought why not place some tiny snowflakes then, did you see that there are some tiny lovely snowflakes in the Cute as Christmas Clear stamp set? I think it worked out pretty good to use them on my card. I also embossed them ......


And here is the result of my mixed media Christmas Card. I am pretty pleased about it and can't wait for you to try it out and to show the result to me. That would be so awesome.



The products that I have been working with are:

Cute As Christmas Clear Stampset
Most Wonderfull Joy Stampset
Poinsettia Lace Craft Dies
Craft Glue Pen from Polkadoodles
Snowflake Border Stencil

Thank you for looking at my Tutorial and above all let me know what you think about it.
And how nice would it be to see your creations, so come on and share your creations.  I am very curious.


I would like to join into the following challenges:











9 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een leuke tutorial Terry !
    Mooie blog ook trouwens ❤

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hey Jessy wat leuk dat je even komt kijken meis super bedankt voor je lieve woorden xxx

      Verwijderen
  2. A lovley card with soft colours. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Marie die gisting my blog and your sweet comments xxc

      Verwijderen
  3. What a great idea to use acrylic paint with a stencil. Turned out beautifully! Thanks for joining us at the QKR Stampede Challenge this week. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Kathy for visiting my blog and your very sweet comment Very much appreciated Hugs Terry xxx

      Verwijderen
  4. A lovely Christmas card. Wonderful background and textures.
    Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Andree for visiting my blog and your very sweet comment. Hugs Terry xxx

      Verwijderen
  5. Hallo Terry,

    Wauw geweldige tutorial met een super mooi resultaat .

    Fijn Weekend
    Liefs ne Creatiefs
    Cinderella (https://cinderellasdreamcardsblog.blogspot.com/)
    Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks so much for your lovely comment Hugs Terry xxx