maandag 2 september 2019

POLKADOODLES CRAFT AND INSPIRATIONAL BLOG-TUTORIAL GIFT SET-SHABBY CHIC/VINTAGY


Hello Crafters outthere, today it is my (Terry) turn on the Polkadoodles Inspirational Blog, to provide you with a tutorial. I made a gift set and it consists of a notebook and a card. Nice to give as a present to someone's birthday isn't it? So here is HOW I made the giftset, are you ready for it........



So the first thing that I did was, deviding acrylic paint on a piece of cardstock, I worked with the colors Red, Green, Yellow, Orange and White.


After using the background stamps from the wonderfull set Texture Gallore I came up with a little notebook and combined it with the Number Stencil. I thought only a little notebook is not enough, so I also wanted to use the remaining piece of cardstock and make a set of these projects. I did the same on the cardstock, colored the background with acrylic paints and the background stamps were used too. Also worked with the green, orange, red distress inks.  



What I did next was when I was happy with the result of the paints, I got the Creative Number Stencil and with some Modelling Paste I played with the number stencil and placed the numbers on one side.



After that I stamped this fabulous butterfly from the Flower Collage Stampset with embossing ink. I embossed the butterfly with white embossingpowder en colored the butterfly with orange distress ink.


After I was done with the coloring I played with the sentiment from the stampset Perfect Wishes and cut it in 2 and placed it onto the front of the little notebook. And this is the result from the small notebook that I have made. 


Oke now I want to finish the other half of the giftset and make a card with it, I am stamping the Doodle Borders all around my piece of paper and there are some tiny rounds in there, I got my white Graph'it Marker and colored them white. 



And did you know that Polkadoodles has this new awesome Vintage Text Stampset....I stamped bits here and there on my background and I just love Vintage Text......After that I placed the Numbers onto the background aswell and this time I used Crackle Paste.....


Remember that I stamped and embossed some butterflies onto the notebook....I did the same on the Birthday card offcourse and I have colored the butterflies with the Orange Distress Ink...gives it a shabby chic/vintagy look doesn't it.....



So here is the whole set, one Shabby Chic Notebook with the sentiment enjoy the little moments and a Birthday Card with the same elements as the Notebook.



The products that I have worked with from Polkadoodles are:



I sure hope that I have given you some inspiration to make your own Gift Set, so much fun to make a set to give someone for a Birthday

Thank you for checking my Tutorial out and sure hope to see your creations.



5 opmerkingen:

  1. Terry this is wonderful. I never think of using acrylics as a background. I might give it a try now I have seen how fabulously your project turned out. Xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Well worth the work, gorgeous, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love this, Terry! You always inspire me with all the great techniques you use! xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Lovely work. Thank you for sharing it with us at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. This is beautiful Terry , When do you come and visite me??lolxxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks so much for your lovely comment Hugs Terry xxx